Your BajaBoard is covered by a one (1) year conditional warranty. Warranty period starts on the date of your board is delivered as advised by the relevant carrier tracking advice.
The following conditions and exclusions apply for warranty.
The following items are excluded from warranty. Regardless, we reserve the right to
- Damage caused during shipping – it is up to you to obtain shipping insurance should you wish to mitigate this risk
- Electronic damage caused by water ingress into the board. BajaBoard is not waterproof
- Removal or tampering of warranty stickers and water damage stickers
- Damage caused by accidents or collisions
- Unauthorized modification
- Taking the board beyond its specified limitations
- General wear and tear such as scratches and dents caused by debris
Exclusion Relating To Jumping
Putting rider error aside, any kind of extreme riding will put a lot of stress on the BajaBoard. Whilst the BajaBoard is built tough, it is impossible to guarantee it will survive n’th number of jumps. There is no industry standard for jumps, and the many circumstances surrounding a jump are unique. These include (but not limited to) speed, height, landing angle, presence of any ramps (natural or man-made), ride technique, rider weight, mid-air rotation, terrain and obstacles around landing the area. The judgement, or the lack thereof, of a rider also cannot be predicted. A bad landing could lead to a crash which could in turn damage the board.
As such, damaged caused to the board from jumping is excluded from warranty.
Specific Component Exclusions
The following components are considered consumables and are excluded from warranty.
- Wheels and tires
- Drive shaft pin covers
- Drive shaft constant velocity (CV) joint rubber boots
Conditional Warranty Of Constant Velocity Joints
CV joints on the BajaBoard require maintenance to be kept in good working condition.
You must ensure that a CV boot is protecting the joint at all times, and the CV joint is kept greased. If the CV boot is torn or missing, you must replace it prior to riding. Operating the board without CV boot will cause dirt, and other debris to build up inside the CV joint, causing damage. Damage to the CV joint in this fashion is easily identifiable and is not covered under warranty.
BajaBoard will replace the battery if you prove that:
- The battery pack cannot be charged or discharged within the warranty period (unless it is just cables coming loose)
- There is chemical leakage
- Capacity is less than 80% of rated capacity in the first year. [Rated capacity is either 18AH or 25AH depending on option chosen at purchase]
The following are excluded from warranty:
- Unauthorized dismantling, modification, conversion of the battery pack
- Minor tears or scratches on the BMS or outer layer of the battery pack skin
- Damage caused by accident(s) or collision(s)
- Using a charger not approved by us
- Not using the battery in accordance with the following storage and operation instructions (to be provided in manual with purchase)
If any issue occurs, you must cooperate with BajaBoard in good faith and first attempt to fix any problem with BajaBoard instruction. Such instruction may be provided in person, via email, via phone or via video conference. If a problem is fixed this way, the warranty claim is considered settled.
When requested, you must provide BajaBoard with photos, videos or any other forms of evidence for assessment of warranty claims.
BajaBoard is not obliged to validate any warranty claims or provide replacement parts unless you have cooperated as per above.
Replacement & Return Of Damaged Parts
For damaged parts claimed under warranty, BajaBoard require the original part to be returned. BajaBoard is not obliged to replace a part until it has received the original part.
We will send replacement parts via economy shipping at its own cost. If you prefer expedited or express shipping, you agree to pay the difference in shipping costs.
When returning original parts to us, you agree to bear your own shipping costs. You may ship via your method of choice.